Founded by Chuck Colson in 1976, Prison Fellowship has become the world’s largest ministry to prisoners, ex-prisoners, and their families. We believe that communities can be safer through a more restorative approach to all those affected by crime. We work with prisons, churches, and legislators toward this vision—with an emphasis not on locking bad people up, but on bringing good people home.
If you’d like to join us in this mission of restoration, please consider applying for one of our exciting summer internships—which provide excellent experience for both undergraduate and graduate students. Prison Fellowship offers a professional-working environment within the national office of our Christian ministry located in Lansdowne, Virginia, near Washington, D.C.
All of our internship opportunities are offered at $7.25 per hour. We are able to coordinate affordable local housing for a limited number of out-of-town students. Regarding any needs for one’s academic requirements to obtain credit for the internship, our staff can coordinate with our interns as needed. Interns will attend staff meetings, ministry gatherings, social activities, and meet with leaders from the various ministry divisions.
The following internships are available for 2015, all offered at 40 hours/week:
- Training Assistant
- Online Communications Assistant Intern
- Program Development: Warden Exchange Assistant
- Program Development Assistant
- Strategic Innovation and Program Assessment Assistant
- Development Assistant: Research and Events
- Development Assistant: Mid-Major Partners
- Direct Response Marketing Intern
- Inside Journal Assistant
- BreakPoint Editorial Assistant
- Research Assistant: Restorative Justice
- Finance Assistant
- Information Technology Assistant
Click the link below to review our 2015 Summer Internship Opportunities.