Easter is almost here! Will you keep watch and pray with us?
Carrying on a tradition started by Chuck Colson in the earliest days of Prison Fellowship, President Garland Hunt and CEO Jim Liske will lead teams of staff, volunteers, and supporters to celebrate the Resurrection with prisoners this Easter weekend. Please join us with your prayers using the prayer guide below.
- Pray for protection. Ask God to protect the health and safety of the teams traveling to Florida and Texas, and also ask Him to prevent any security problems at the prisons. A violent incident or a security breach could shut down an entire prison, preventing us from sharing the Gospel with prisoners.
- Pray that the Church inside the walls would be encouraged, and that we would all expect the Spirit of God to move, generating revival inside the prisons we visit.
- Pray the prisoners’ hearts would be receptive to the Gospel, and that many would turn their lives over to Jesus or renew a prior commitment to follow Him wholeheartedly.
- Pray that correctional staff would also be moved by the power of God’s love to change lives.
- Pray for God to use the speakers at each event in a powerful way, so that the message of Easter would be communicated clearly and simply.
Thank you for joining us by your prayers and support! Please check back with us on the Prison Fellowship blog or on Facebook to see pictures and hear stories of how God moved over Easter weekend.