ANGEL TREE AND CELEBRATE RECOVERY PARTNERSHIP
In and out of prison, God is making all things new. Partnering in this renewal, Prison Fellowship® works with Celebrate Recovery (CR), a biblically based program that guides men and women in overcoming hurts, habits, and hang-ups. CR promotes Prison Fellowship's Angel Tree® program through CR chapters at churches and groups nationwide, meeting prisoners' families where they are, with the love of Christ. Every Christmas, participating CR chapters deliver Angel Tree gifts and the Gospel message, creating pathways to heal and restore the bonds of incarcerated parents and their children.
ANGEL TREE APPLICATION FOR CELEBRATE RECOVERY GROUPS
HOW DOES ANGEL TREE WORK?
Angel Tree Christmas begins when a CR Group member registers their CR Group for the program with the support of their CR Group leader(s). Once a CR Group is registered, the process works like this:
- Receive Angel Tree Names: Sometime in the fall, Angel Tree coordinators will receive the name, caregiver, and contact information of children who were signed-up by their mom or dad in prison.
- Contact the Caregivers: Call or mail each caregiver to introduce yourself as an Angel Tree volunteer who has been asked by the prisoner parent to include their children in your program this year.
- Display Angel Tree Name Tags: Angel Tree tags are completed with the name of these children, along with gift suggestions, and are displayed in your CR Group.
- Angel Tree Announcement: CR Group members need to be notified of the program —bulletin, CR Group announcement, bulletin board, etc.—and invited to select names from the Angel Tree display.
- Gift purchase and delivery: CR Group members purchase, wrap, and deliver a gift for each child on behalf of his or her incarcerated parent—and in the process, share the Gospel.