ANGEL TREE REGISTRATION
Does your church, group, or organization love sharing the Gospel? Do you have a special concern for the vulnerable and families? Sign up for Angel Tree Christmas today. We'll help you re-connect hurting families and share the Good News of Jesus Christ—the ultimate Christmas gift—with prisoners' children who live right in your area. Your simple act of love will give joy to families who might otherwise have little to celebrate, as you show these families the true meaning of Christmas.
HOW DOES ANGEL TREE WORK?
Angel Tree Christmas begins when a church member registers their church for the program with the support of their pastor or other church leader(s). Once a church is registered, the process works like this:
- Receive Angel Tree Names: Sometime in the fall, Angel Tree coordinators will receive the name, caregiver, and contact information of children who were signed-up by their mom or dad in prison.
- Contact the Caregivers: Call or mail each caregiver to introduce yourself as an Angel Tree volunteer who has been asked by the prisoner parent to include their children in your program this year.
- Display Angel Tree Name Tags: Angel Tree tags are completed with the name of these children, along with gift suggestions, and are displayed in your church.
- Angel Tree Announcement: Church members need to be notified of the program —bulletin, pulpit announcement, bulletin board, etc.—and invited to select names from the Angel Tree display.
- Gift purchase and delivery: Church members purchase, wrap, and deliver a gift for each child on behalf of his or her incarcerated parent—and in the process, share the Gospel.
ANGEL TREE 2018 UPDATE
Thank you for your interest in supporting Angel Tree this Christmas. Church registration for the 2018 season is currently closed (registration for 2019 will be open on Jan. 2, 2019), but your donation will help deliver a gift and the gospel to a prisoner's child at Christmas. Click here to give a gift today.
ANGEL TREE AND CELEBRATE RECOVERY PARTNERSHIP
In and out of prison, God is making all things new. Partnering in this renewal, Prison Fellowship® works with Celebrate Recovery (CR), a biblically based program that guides men and women in overcoming hurts, habits, and hang-ups. CR promotes Prison Fellowship's Angel Tree® program through CR chapters at churches and groups nationwide, meeting prisoners' families where they are, with the love of Christ. Every Christmas, participating CR chapters deliver Angel Tree gifts and the Gospel message, creating pathways to heal and restore the bonds of incarcerated parents and their children. Click below to sign up your group for Angel Tree this year.