Inspire the church, change the culture, advance justice reform
Partner with your state or district team to raise awareness about the impact of crime and incarceration and advance biblically-based justice reform campaigns, consistent with the doctrinal statement, philosophy, and strategy of Prison Fellowship. Grow as a Christian disciple by bringing the values of Jesus into the criminal justice system, raising awareness to help to ensure that punishment fits the crime, and that those who have paid their debt to society have the opportunity to rebuild their lives.
Prison Fellowship has a wide variety of ways you can take action in your own community including recruiting others to join you.
- Change hearts and minds by developing strategic relationships with your lawmakers
- Write letters to the editor in your local paper about justice that restores
- Facilitate a small group discussion using Prison Fellowship's Outrageous Justice, a six-lesson curriculum designed to engage church small groups on issues of crime and incarceration
- Host events on campus, at church or in your community to advance biblically based justice reforms
- Contribute to state or legislative research.
Your voice, your perspective, and your story can be effective tools to help Christian values permeate the justice system.APPLY
WHAT IS JUSTICE THAT RESTORES?
A restorative approach to crime and incarceration recognizes the dignity and value of all human life. By promoting accountability for those responsible for crime, encouraging the participation of victims in the restorative process, and cultivating community engagement, justice is promoted and communities are restored.
UPDATES FROM OUR TWITTER FEED
- RT @prisonfellowshp: "What we are seeing is that Congress put their values first over political party and came together to do something… https://t.co/z4kNITaOQT 3d ago
- @KevinARing @PatNolan4Justic @DSafavianEsq @RiceMinus @pye @JessyMichele @holly_harris @candoclemency… https://t.co/0FnU29OOuu 3d ago
- RT @KevinARing: Thank you @PatNolan4Justic @DSafavianEsq @JusticeReform @RiceMinus @pye @JessyMichele @holly_harris @candoclemency… https://t.co/2xQN6KdS64 3d ago
- .@prisonfellowshp Praises Democrats Who Voted for Reform Bill Backed by Trump White House https://t.co/yFZfebYnCm… https://t.co/VXLK4vlgbD 3d ago