Inspire the church, change the culture, advance justice reform
Partner with your state or district team to raise awareness about the impact of crime and incarceration and advance biblically-based justice reform campaigns, consistent with the doctrinal statement, philosophy, and strategy of Prison Fellowship. Grow as a Christian disciple by bringing the values of Jesus into the criminal justice system, raising awareness to help to ensure that punishment fits the crime, and that those who have paid their debt to society have the opportunity to rebuild their lives.
Prison Fellowship has a wide variety of ways you can take action in your own community including recruiting others to join you.
- Change hearts and minds by developing strategic relationships with your lawmakers
- Write letters to the editor in your local paper about justice that restores
- Facilitate a small group discussion using Prison Fellowship's Outrageous Justice, a six-lesson curriculum designed to engage church small groups on issues of crime and incarceration
- Host events on campus, at church or in your community to advance biblically based justice reforms
- Contribute to state or legislative research.
Your voice, your perspective, and your story can be effective tools to help Christian values permeate the justice system.APPLY
WHAT IS JUSTICE THAT RESTORES?
A restorative approach to crime and incarceration recognizes the dignity and value of all human life. By promoting accountability for those responsible for crime, encouraging the participation of victims in the restorative process, and cultivating community engagement, justice is promoted and communities are restored.
UPDATES FROM OUR TWITTER FEED
- @ChuckGrassley Thank you to @SenTedCruz @SteveDaines and Faith & Justice Fellowship member @SenThomTillis for suppo… https://t.co/oAAIxoDbxu 2d ago
- RT @ChuckGrassley: Thx to GOP Sens Ted Cruz, Steve Daines & Thom Tillis for their endorsement of my bipartisan crim justice reform bil… https://t.co/8cavvwYBqS 2d ago
- #FirstStepAct models successful #criminaljusticereform in states like #Texas #Georgia & more! The laboratories of d… https://t.co/oLLlO3kbq0 2d ago
- RT @RiceMinus: .@tedcruz is the latest cosponsor of the #FirstStepAct. Feel like joining the #publicsafety #prisonreform… https://t.co/N7RyDkNp0O 2d ago
- RT @prisonfellowshp: Please join us in RETWEETING to help Kenny Clark win the Walter Payton Man of the Year Charity Challenge. Your retw… https://t.co/RvX1FA1Yqq 3d ago
- RT @craigderoche: Must read by #OliviaSchoffstall Taking the FIRST STEP: Why the Time for Justice Reform is Now — Shared Justice … https://t.co/RzN5c3DXhR 3d ago
- Tonight, we're presenting @kochindustries Senior VP Mark Holden with the 2018 Charles Colson Advocate of Hope Award! https://t.co/EbeyS5RASP 4d ago
- Most of the country is watching D.C. and the #FirstStepAct but Michiganders are still counting on the @MIGOP to sup… https://t.co/bX5FhSxXRS 4d ago