Inspire the church, change the culture, advance justice reform
Partner with your state or district team to raise awareness about the impact of crime and incarceration and advance biblically-based justice reform campaigns, consistent with the doctrinal statement, philosophy, and strategy of Prison Fellowship. Grow as a Christian disciple by bringing the values of Jesus into the criminal justice system, raising awareness to help to ensure that punishment fits the crime, and that those who have paid their debt to society have the opportunity to rebuild their lives.
Prison Fellowship has a wide variety of ways you can take action in your own community including recruiting others to join you.
- Change hearts and minds by developing strategic relationships with your lawmakers
- Write letters to the editor in your local paper about justice that restores
- Facilitate a small group discussion using Prison Fellowship's Outrageous Justice, a six-lesson curriculum designed to engage church small groups on issues of crime and incarceration
- Host events on campus, at church or in your community to advance biblically based justice reforms
- Contribute to state or legislative research.
Your voice, your perspective, and your story can be effective tools to help Christian values permeate the justice system.APPLY
WHAT IS JUSTICE THAT RESTORES?
A restorative approach to crime and incarceration recognizes the dignity and value of all human life. By promoting accountability for those responsible for crime, encouraging the participation of victims in the restorative process, and cultivating community engagement, justice is promoted and communities are restored.
UPDATES FROM OUR TWITTER FEED
- RT @craigderoche: Must read: Criminal Justice reform: We can improve expensive, ineffective system by lowering recidivism… https://t.co/0Woxc4CtXL 15h ago
- RT @MeetThePress: .@LindseyGrahamSC says if the criminal justice reform bill goes to the Senate floor for a vote, it will get 80 vote… https://t.co/z3z2ZsKtwC 2d ago
- Prison Fellowship Responds to Agreement on #FIRSTSTEPAct Language https://t.co/jERRXenBRa via @YahooFinance 2d ago
- About 180,000 #veterans are incarcerated in the United States. Why do some veterans end up behind bars, and how can… https://t.co/1lF4fRkWsX 4d ago