Discover answers to commonly-asked questions about prison.
To help volunteers understand more about the prison environment, we've prepared a list of Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) about prison.
- What is the difference between jail and a prison?
- Do all jails and prisons offer religious programs to inmates?
- How available are chaplains to prisoners?
- How do prisoners typically spend their days?
- What types of educational programs are available to prisoners?
- What types of jobs do prisoners have?
- How does the prison commissary system work?
- What type of medical care do prisoners receive?
- Why is respect so important within the prison environment?
- What is protective custody (PC)? Does it reduce violence?
- What are the consequences for breaking prison rules?
- What is administrative segregation ("ad seg")?
DID YOU ENJOY THIS ARTICLE?
Make sure you don't miss out on any of our helpful articles and incredible transformation stories! Sign up to receive our weekly newsletter, and you'll get great content delivered directly to your inbox.
Your privacy is safe with us. We will never sell, trade, or share your personal information.