Discover Answers to Commonly-Asked Questions and Concerns About Incarcerated Women
Women in prison are often at the end of a long, difficult road—one that has made them feel rejected, worthless, and hopeless. Without resources to heal the hurts beneath their bad choices, many women stay stuck in a destructive cycle.
- How many women are incarcerated in the United States?
- Is female incarceration on the rise?
- Why are women most likely to be incarcerated?
- How are women’s health needs met in prison?
- Is prenatal care available for pregnant prisoners?
For answers to general questions about prison, visit our FAQ About Prison page.